Feb 162010
 

Ah, the dangers of assembling the walking dead!  Click through to see some of the Vampire Counts models I’ve put together recently, along with a description of some of the gruesome injuries they inflicted on me.

Grave Guard looks over shieldGrave Guard looks over shield
Close

Grave Guard looks over shield15-Feb-2010 19:48, Panasonic DMC-TZ3, 4.3, 9.1mm, 0.008 sec, ISO 100

 

Continue reading »

Feb 042010
 

My brother Michael has a new cooperative play scenario for us, “Looting the Looters”. We played this scenario with five players over the holidays, and Michael has played it with his gaming group as well. It is quite a bit of fun!

Orcs leap from gatehouseOrcs leap from gatehouse
Close

Orcs leap from gatehouse01-Jan-2010 13:19, Panasonic DMC-TZ3, 4.1, 7.3mm, 0.033 sec, ISO 100

 

Continue reading »

Jan 242010
 

We ushered in the first day of the new year with a monster-sized Mordheim battle on the new grassland terrain boards.  Five warbands versus over a hundred Orcs!  Click through for pics and battle report!

Kingsbury and Michael setting upKingsbury and Michael setting up
Close

Kingsbury and Michael setting up01-Jan-2010 11:04, Panasonic DMC-TZ3, 3.3, 4.6mm, 0.033 sec, ISO 500

 

Continue reading »

Nov 262009
 

Two of the grassland boards are completed now.  Click through for some pics of the second board in progress and a couple of the two completed boards together with a few scenic items added in.  These first two boards contain relatively few built in terrain features.  The remaining two boards are a bit more challenging!

Continue reading »

Nov 082009
 

First finished board

I’m working on four grassland terrain boards in anticipation of our next Mordheim campaign, which will be an Empire in Flames campaign.  Each board is two foot by four foot dense packing stryofoam, two inches thick.  I bought the foam about six years ago, mounted them on fibreboard and carved them about two years ago, and until about a month ago they’d been rattling around in my basement gathering cowbwebs.  So you get a sense of how fast I work.  I’ve now hauled them up into the house and have to finish them before my wife loses patience.  The first one is done.  Its only interesting terrain feature is a pond, which you see in the pic with only about half the water (Envirotex Light) poured into it.

The surface was covered with hydrocal tinted brown, except for the roads which were done with spackling compound and a little sand.  I painted the roads, then incrementally sprayed contact cement over the rest of the surface and covered with flocking material of various colors and sizes.  Scenery cement was liberally applied on top of the flock over a series of days.  The pond bed was painted, then the envirotex added in about three layers.  The first layer had a green tint done with paint, so that it dried cloudy but still translucent.  The second layer had just  hint of tint, the last layer was clear.  Black duct tape was added around the edges to give it a finished look.  I still need to add a sealant over the top of everything after the pond has dried fully.

Next week, onto the second board.  This one is also light on terrain features, with only a single rounded hill and roads.  The last two boards will be quite a bit more challenging.  One has a road ascending into a mountainous area, the other has hills and a creek running through it.

May 282009
 

Mr. Kingsbury has updated some things for his ArmyBuilder 3 File found here.

Changes include:

  • Addition of the Gunnery School warband from Nemesis Crown expansion
  • Skaven warbands (Skyre, etc.) used for our Warpstone Campaign are included
  • Several fixes to Adventurers warband from Karak Azghal setting
Apr 232008
 

We finally started out Mordheim Campaign this past weekend! I am playing Bretonnians, my brother-in-law Michael Kingsbury is playing Lizardmen, and our friend Michael Stamps is playing the Adventurers from the Karak Azgal rules. In our first weekend of play, we got in six campaign turns and six combat scenarios. Continue reading »